In this sermon, as we focus on Mother’s Day, we take a look back at a Mother that may have been misunderstood in her request of Jesus. Being a mother, or any parent for that matter, is one of the hardest and greatest responsibilities God has given. It comes with struggles and also with great joys. Looking at what this mother taught her children can help us learn how to teach children and young people, whether as parents of role models.
Points of Focus:
1. She taught them how to approach Jesus
2. She taught them how to respect Jesus
3. She taught them how to ask Jesus for what you need
4. She taught them how to follow Jesus
5. She taught them how to accept “no” from Jesus